2010 Survey Results
At the Forum, we surveyed the participants – 100 senior Wall Street women – regarding career success, motivation, and opportunities for women on Wall Street. Using electronic instant response devices to pose the questions, here are their responses.
1. If you could wave your magic wand and have any career you want, what would it be?
|Continue to work on Wall Street||33%|
|Start my own business||26%|
|Work at a nonprofit||10%|
|Move to something totally different||24%|
2. Given the changes in the industry over the past two years, I think there are _____ opportunities for women to advance to the most senior positions:
3. Which one of these has been most important to your success on Wall Street?
|If I work hard, I’l get noticed||24%|
|Plain luck, being in the right place at the right time||23%|
|Sleeping with the boss||7%|
4. What motivates you most at work?
|The intellectual challenge||17%|
|Power and status||17%|
|Feeling that I’m “giving back” to society||17%|
|Receiving recognition and respect for my work||33%|
5. Which best describes your outlook on your ability to finance your retirement?
|I’m very confident that my resources will be adequate||19%|
|I’m somewhat confident||52%|
|I’m scared to death||29%|